Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Over the Pond

In a few short hours I'll be winging my way across the Atlantic (on a jet plane, alas I have yet to sprout wings). The next two weeks will see me pouring over very, very, very old books and manuscripts in the British Library.
I love London, and I've been fortunate to have spent a lot of time in this city. But the doldrums of grad school kept me away for half a decade and I'm eagerly awaiting my reunion with the sights and sounds of London town.

I'm staying in Bloomsbury and hope to pull on the lingering spirits of the Bloomsbury group for inspiration as I write and wander the streets.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a trip more fun than staying in Bloomsbury and pouring over old books in the British Library. Have the best of times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious. Enjoy your time, as all of us would love to be in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete