Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Autumn Leaves...Are on Fire!!

So you've seen me mention Maggie Stiefvater and her utter awesomeness on this blog before (she's written the best nookie guide I've yet seen for YA). She's made the splashiest spalsh on the NYT bestseller list with Shiver and now she's handing us the follow-up to her first novel, Lament.

Ballad will be out in a few short weeks (actually the wait is too long!!) and Maggie just posted this teaser:

He turned towards me. For a long moment, he stood facing me. I was held, anchored to the ground – not by his music, which still called and pushed against the music already in my head and said grow rise follow – but by his strangeness. By his fingers, spread over the ground, holding something into the earth, by his shoulders, squared in a way that spoke of strength and unknowability, and most of all, by the great, thorny antlers that grew from his head, spanning the sky like branches. Then he was gone, and I missed his going in the instant that the sun fell off the edge of the hill, abandoning the world to twilight.

October can't come soon enough.

Okay, back to edits...nearly there. I love my editor! Nightshade rocks my world!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! And SOOSOo happy the edits are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops lost my last comment....Anyway, thanks for sticking your head up from edits and for the rec. I will make haste to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Shiver and really liked it. Looking forward to reading Lament and Ballad.

    ReplyDelete