Wednesday, September 2, 2009

*Peek*

That's my head popping out from beneath this massive pile of revisions, which are going swimmingly.

My editor at Philomel, Jill Santopolo, is amazing. She is so amazing that she is truly outrageous a la Jem (I think we need more rocker chick super heroes, don't you?)


Her eye is sharp as a hawk's, her suggestions brilliant, and she still manages to be incredibly sweet. She also very kindly tolerated my hysterics when she told me what they're planning for the cover, which sounds beautiful and haunting and perfect.

ARTY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TASKED WITH MAKING MY BOOK COVER!!! THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

Ooooh and...I can reveal the title of Book 1:

Nightshade

Back after more edits.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm loving the title. Very awesome. And WOOHOO for book covers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *jumps and waves pom-poms* What a cool title! And real arty people at work! And awesome editor! I'm so happy for you, I could cheer, and sort of just did. Thanks for popping up from under the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even breathe this is so exciting. GO!

    ReplyDelete