Friday, January 1, 2010
10 for 2010
It's here, the first year of the new decade. And my novel's birthday! While I still have to wait until October (ack!) for NIGHTSHADE's release date, having the year 2010 on the calendar makes it all the more real.
I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I do goals. So here are my 10 goals for 2010 (next year you can check in and see how I've done).
10. Have patience, enjoy the ride (this one is last on the list because I have no patience and thus expect to spectacularly fail at meeting this goal)
9. Find a title I love for Book 3, NIGHTSHADE and WOLFSBANE were easy. Book 3 is killing me. Not the book, just the title.
8. Speaking of Book 3, finish it.
7. Write Book 1 of new series. This book currently has a smattering of pieces that add up to a few thousand words (I don't write chronologically). My goal is to bring them together into a coherent whole, complete novel.
6. Prioritize WIPs. Other than said Book 1 of new series I have half a dozen, give or take, WIPs floating around my laptop - and in my head - that need some sorting out. Hoping my agents and editor will help out with this one.
5. Speaking of my fabulous NIGHTSHADE Pack at InkWell and Penguin: meet agents and editor. *coughs* Okay, this is kind of cheating because I've already booked my flight. Will be in NYC in January and again in May. Cannot wait (see above, no patience).
4. Learn to speak German. Okay, I'm talking beginner German here, not fluent German. But I really would like to be able to speak with NIGHTSHADE readers in languages other than English. I already speak Spanish (passable) and French (sort of), but not German and I want to fix that. Plus my husband, father-in-law, and brother all speak German. So in theory I should have help. In theory.
3. Move. I love my apartment, but it's too small. I've written before about how I'm a messy person, naturally inclined to clutter. But lack of storage really pushes clutter into tornadic-strewn piles of notes, books, etc. We need more space. The move will happen.
2. Read all The Tenners books. 2010 debuts rock!!!!
1. Get NIGHTSHADE into the hands of every person I know, meet, bump into on the street. I love this book, I love the characters, I can't wait to share it with the world!!! I would also like Bret and Jemaine (Flight of the Conchords) to help me with promotion. I'd even get them a new sign for their booth.