Monday, November 29, 2010

Matched

This week I'm delighted to feature the amazing author, Ally Condie, and her novel Matched - which hits stores TOMORROW (Tuesday, November 30!)

If you haven't already heard fabulous things about this novel, I'd be surprised. I'm here to offer yet more praise.

The novel opens to Cassia's evening at her matching ceremony. At this event she'll be told by the Society who her ideal mate is. The Society knows everything about her and everyone else in her life: who she'll marry, what her work we'll be, where she should live - everything.

Matched is a dystopian YA unlike any other I've read. It's quiet. Unlike the noise and blood of Hunger Games (and don't get me wrong - I adore the noise and blood of that series), Matched carries its readers along with lyrical prose but you soon realize the lullaby being sung to you is a bittersweet one at best and at worst will kill you as soon as your eyes fall shut.

It's this surprising mixture of beauty and danger that steals your breath through Matched at moments when you least expect it. Ally Condie has created an extraordinary world both fascinating and horrifying.

Go pick it up tomorrow!

Ally will be on the blog later this week to talk about Matched and to answer the zany questions I threw at her. Stop back to say hello :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book, once I stopped expecting it to be The Hunger Games. It's probably one of my favourites of 2010.

    Looking forward to the interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower. I'm so excited for Matched. Can't wait to read it.
    Have a great weekend:)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this book! Definitely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete