Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let's Pretend

I know there's been quite a bit of grumbling about the some-might-say excessive coverage on William and Kate's nuptials. While I agree that there's enough happening in the world that is more newsworthy than a royal wedding, I don't have a problem with the attention this young couple is receiving. Precisely because the world is a rough place to be, sometimes it's nice to have a little escape. As much as William and Kate are real people and will have a relationship with real problems as in any relationship, this wedding is a bit of a surreal, fairytale moment that many people will enjoy participating in vicariously - including myself.

I'll be watching with a girlfriend in my sweatshirt and yoga pants, but in the spirit of make believe I'd like to imagine that if I were a guest (with the unlimited budget of a royal wedding guest) I would wear this dress from Rochas:

With this hat (because hats are a must at British weddings):

And these shoes:
Do you have a fairytale-esque event or costume you'd like to step into for a day?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but the dress pales incomprehensibly to the hat and shoes, of all things right? LOL

    Hmmm...a fairytale-esque event? Well, nothing comes to mind right now. But then again, my boyfriend is actually has fashion sense more then I do any day of the year. LOL

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in England so were ever I go I see it and it has driven me crazy. Don't get me wrong I'm all for people falling in love and getting married because they want to spend the rest of their lives together. Though this wedding is just to much. A wedding service to me is for the family and close friends; those vows are a promise between the Bride, Groom and God. They shouldn't be publicised and made Global, it just takes away the meaning and romance to me. Show a few pictures, let some of the after party be shown; but the service is private. I'm sorry I can't see the fairytale or romance in such a publicised and flamboyant wedding.

    ReplyDelete