Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Egads!

Looking at the date of my last post I was rather horrified, seeing as how it's been so long since my last post. Of course a have reams of excuses: it was the end of the semester, we moved, I had to go to New York - but really they are just excuses and I'm sorry I've been away.

I make amends with pictures! Of New York!

The primary reason I was in New York was that I needed to visit David Levithan to sort out some details of our collaborative novel - INVISIBILITY CURSE. Here is the moment in the blog where I do a I happy dance and say OMG yes I totally did get to crash at David Levithan's apartment all weekend. And it was awesome. It's a funny thing about becoming close friends with authors you long admired, cognitively I know that David is my friend but the giddy inner fangirl part of me never quite goes away.

New York - always a place I love - did not disappoint. I had wonderful meetings with my superhero agents: Richard and Charlie. I had more wonderful meetings with the Penguin family and particularly Editor Jill who is currently reading my fourth manuscript (cue nervous nail biting). Jill also gave me a present: a finished copy of Wolfsbane!!! In two months it will be in stores. Yay!!!

I particularly enjoyed my time on the subway and noted that the subway has become a great location for performing arts. On one of my trips the car was serenaded by a four piece mariachi band. And on another we had breakdancers.

I was also in town for the Teen Author Carnival, which was so much fun and I was finally reunited with my critique partner, Lisa Desrochers, who I hadn't seen for two years! Thanks to everyone who came to the event. Look here's a picture of you all!

Now I'm back in Minnesota and crashed in my quasi new home that is in utter disarray of moving boxes and randomly placed furniture. Given that the move still needs finishing I probably will still have some lags in blogging, but I promise not as long of a lag as this last one.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

I'm still unpacking boxes.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Glad you're back and settling in. Happy Memorial Day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Thanks for sharing them. =D

    ReplyDelete